Since there is no monthly association meeting in August, a special meeting will be held on Tuesday July 29th @ 7PM. Same place (Epiphany Church @ 2911 McNair) and time as usual. There are items that need to be discussed, that unfortunately cannot wait until our regular meetings resume in September. We want to make sure that you are informed. We apologize for the short notice, but a portion of this discussion is time-sensitive. It is very important that you attend this meeting to express your opinion. BPNA has asked John Doggette, the Director of the Community Mediation Services of St Louis (MediationSTL.org), who also lives in Benton Park to be the facilitator for the discussion. Items on the agenda include, but may not be limited to:
- BPNA Officer Vacancy
- 3300 Jefferson: The Building Review Committee will discuss the redevelopment of the former Hoods. For those of you who are unfamiliar, a Dollar General is being proposed to occupy this space. There is a Conditional Use Hearing currently scheduled for this property on Thursday, August 7th- the BPNA must create a letter of support or a letter of opposition before this date. We regret that there is such a short window of time to discuss our plan of action, but please attend this meeting (on the 29th) if you feel strongly about this development, or are interested in learning more about the proposal.
- Venice Café: an update on the fundraiser that will help them get back on their feet!
- 2205 Lynch: proposed existing building demolition (Building Review Committee)
- 3300 Lemp: proposed roof deck (Building Review Committee)
- Building Review Committee Procedure
- Police Substation in Benton Park
While we thought we were all on “summer break,” this has been quite an eventful month! We do hope that you can make this meeting, and that your summer in Benton Park is off to a great start!