Resident Notification Letter
Labor Day, Monday, September 7th
Dear Benton Park Residents and Business Owners,
Your neighborhood will again be the backdrop of one of the most exciting events in area amateur and professional sports all year. For four days over Labor Day Weekend, Missouri’s Top Professional Cycling Event, the TSG Gateway Cup, will crown a champion on four different courses. Beginning in Lafayette Square on Friday night, then Francis Park on Saturday, the Italian Hill on Sunday, and in Benton Park on Monday, the Gateway Cup is great (and free) entertainment for the whole family! We hope you will join us at the race- enter your kids in the Kid’s Races, run the Labor Day 5k+, or just come have fun. Please note that during the races, the course will be closed to vehicular traffic.
Street Closures September 7th from 6:00am until 6:00pm
- The entire race course will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- All driveways exiting onto the course will be closed.
- There will be no automobile access or parking allowed on the course.
- Cars left on the course will be 'relocated' off course.
Important Information for Residents and Business Owners:
- The day opens with the 5k+ at 8:30am and the bike races will finish approximately 6:00pm
- Arsenal from Indiana to Wisconsin will close at 7:00 a.m.
- The full course including Arsenal, Pestalozzi, Sydney, Indiana, Lemp and 12th/13th will be closed to traffic from 8:30am to approximately 6:00 pm, as shown on the attached map.
- Emergency vehicles will not be affected by road closures.
- Residents who live on streets encircled by the route will have monitored access throughout the day at the intersection of Indiana and Crittenden- East/West residential traffic ONLY.
- The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department stresses that residents remain patient when driving in the area of the event. Please drive cautiously and at safe speeds.
We hope that you come out to watch the world’s finest amateur and professional cyclists compete for the honor of winning this final stage of the Gateway Cup. For the latest information please visit our web site at www.gatewaycup.com . Additionally, if you would like to volunteer, simply visit our web site and click on “volunteer.”
We have designed the race course with the Alderman, Neighborhood Association and City of St. Louis. The TSG Gateway Cup showcases the signature neighborhoods of St. Louis to a national and international audience, providing a world class free-to-the-public professional cycling event that enhances the image of St. Louis City.