Announcing the 2013 Benton Park
3rd Annual Reclaiming the 80's
5K Run, Walk & Stroll!
UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who joined us Saturday morning! It was amazing how the rain stopped right as the race started, wasn't it! Honestly, the best part of planning any race is that moment when everyone is at the starting line... we loved seeing your costumes, sharing in your fun energy, and watching the mass of neon (and big hair, despite the rain) travel down Arsenal once that horn started the race. We hope you enjoyed the morning as much as we enjoyed having you here in Benton Park (a lot!).
Results are available here. Not only can you check out your time, but you can also see photos & video of your finish. We're also excited to see the awesome shots our roving photographer Kristin Scully (a Benton Park business, by the way!) captured for us. We'll upload her pics to Facebook, so come on over and Like us if you're not already following: www.facebook.com/bpnastl.
Thank you for an amazing 3rd year -- for braving the weather, for rockin' it with us 80's style! We invite you to join us for our FREE concerts in the park between now & October and for the Gateway Cup's Benton Park Classic Bike Race on Labor Day. We'd love to see you again in Benton Park.
Enjoy an awesome summer!
~ Lysa & the BPNA 5K Crüe
We're gonna go back in time... again! Benton Park's Reclaiming the 80s 5K and Kids' Fun Run rolls together super awesome '80s costumes, competitive runners, leisurely walkers, strollered kiddos, and leashed furry friends for an utterly rockin' event. Join us for a TOTALLY RADICAL June morning in Benton Park!
WHEN: June 1, 2013
WHERE: Benton Park @ corner of Jefferson & Arsenal (across I-55 from Anheuser Busch)
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY:
- 5K RUN/WALK/STROLL @ 9am... $25 thru May 30 / $30 after May 30. Electronic timing using ChronoTrack B-tag system (disposable timing device on each race bib). This flat course, accurately measured and timed by Big River Running, begins and ends in scenic Benton Park, looping through the neighborhood amongst historic architecture and abundant green spaces. Strollers & dogs welcome (we're organizing a start wave just for you!) Technical race shirt for first 500 5K registrants! Every effort will be made to provide proper shirt size for each participant. Shirts are available on a first come, first serve basis (i.e. shirt sizes are not guaranteed).
> View COURSE MAP
> Important information for Benton Park residents & businesses
- KIDS FUN RUN @ 10am... $10, for children 11 & younger. 400 meter loop through Benton Park.
FESTIVAL: 9:15am to 11:30am... 80s music, 80s costume contests. Post-race snacks & beverages for racers.
- May 30, 10:00a-8:00p: Big River Running, South City (5352 Devonshire)
- May 31, 10:00a-8:00p: Killeen Studio Architects (3015 Salena)
- June 1, 7:30-8:45a: Benton Park (Arsenal St near Missouri Ave)
- Edible Gus' Pretzel medal to EVERY finisher
- First place 5K overall finishers (male & female)
- Top three 5K finishers (1st, 2nd & 3rd male & female) by age division:
11 & under, 12-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 80s Costume Contest: best individual & best dog!
WAYS TO REGISTER:
- online through Big River Running's event registration site
- by mail using a downloadable PDF
- at a BPNA monthly neighborhood meeting
ALREADY REGISTERED? You can view your registration confirmation here.
PLUS, CHECK OUT THIS COOL STUFF FOR RACE DAY & AFTER...
- Sign up for athlete updates: receive text messages when your racer friends & family members cross the finish line
- See yourself crossing the finish line: photos & video coverage of each racer at the finish line... easily look up by racer name or bib#
Thank you to our sponsors!
ATTN: Benton Park Residents & Businesses
Learn how the new 5K course impacts your street & commute.
> View street closure information