Announcing the 2013 Benton Park
3rd Annual Reclaiming the 80's
5K Run, Walk & Stroll!
We're gonna go back in time... again! Benton Park's Reclaiming the 80s 5K and Kids' Fun Run rolls together super awesome '80s costumes, competitive runners, leisurely walkers, strollered kiddos, and leashed furry friends for an utterly rockin' event. Join us for a TOTALLY RADICAL June morning in Benton Park!
WHEN: June 1, 2013
WHERE: Benton Park @ corner of Jefferson & Arsenal (across I-55 from Anheuser Busch)
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY:
- 5K RUN/WALK/STROLL @ 9am... $25 thru May 30 / $30 after May 30. Electronic timing using ChronoTrack B-tag system (disposable timing device on each race bib). This flat course, accurately measured and timed by Big River Running, begins and ends in scenic Benton Park, looping through the neighborhood amongst historic architecture and abundant green spaces. Strollers & dogs welcome (we're organizing a start wave just for you!) Technical race shirt for first 500 5K registrants! Every effort will be made to provide proper shirt size for each participant. Shirts are available on a first come, first serve basis (i.e. shirt sizes are not guaranteed).
> View COURSE MAP
> Important information for Benton Park residents & businesses
- KIDS FUN RUN @ 10am... $10, for children 11 & younger. 400 meter loop through Benton Park.
FESTIVAL: 9:15am to 11:30am... 80s music, 80s costume contests. Post-race snacks & beverages for racers.
- May 31, 10:00a-8:00p: Killeen Studio Architects (3015 Salena)
- June 1, 7:30-8:45a: Benton Park (3100 S Jefferson @ Arsenal)
- Edible Gus' Pretzel medal to EVERY finisher
- First place 5K overall finishers (male & female)
- Top three 5K finishers (1st, 2nd & 3rd male & female) by age division:
11 & under, 12-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 80s Costume Contest: best individual & best dog!
WAYS TO REGISTER:
- online through Big River Running's event registration site
- by mail using a downloadable PDF
- at a BPNA monthly neighborhood meeting
Thank you to our sponsors!
ATTN: Benton Park Residents & Businesses
Learn how the new 5K course impacts your street & commute.
> View street closure information